JBT is a diverse, global company with many needs for international management talent and great opportunities for experienced graduates. Our businesses are worldwide and opportunities are broad in scope.
Start your career with us.
Being a global company allows us to present you with a number of career opportunities. JBT is one of the largest solutions providers to the global food processing industry. The largest food processors within the fruit, vegetable, meat, poultry, seafood and bakery industries are among our customers.
The Project Manager plans and manages multiple projects including the coordination of materials and personnel: in-house, with suppliers, and on-site at customer locations. Manages the detailed technical schedule and financial performance of the project to deliver a quality product, on time, and within the project budget. Serves as the primary internal point of contact for Customers, Sales, Service, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Engineering for the entire life cycle of the project.
Actively participate in established proposal/budget review meetings (with PLM/Sales and other business departments) to identify possible hazards/risks of a project in the quotation stage to help ensure booked gross margins are achieved. When necessary will help Apps/Sales with proposal writing/budgeting/drawings and Pre-Sale customer visits.
Serves as the primary point of contact between JBT and the customer upon Order Entry. Manages customer expectations with respect to scope of work, project schedule, and buyer/seller responsibilities. Confirms customer’s agreement/completion of their mechanical and production start-up responsibilities. Builds and maintains a positive relationship with customers and suppliers associated with the project.
Develops and manages project schedules to ensure on-time completion of the contractually required project milestones including final delivery of equipment, installation, mechanical start-up, and production start-up. Participate in onsite customer kick-off meetings and pre-installation meeting for all high-risk projects to help mitigate any further risks and ensure the customer has all necessary information to perform a successful project.
Participates onsite in the active install of any assigned High-Risk project. Resolves field installation problems by maintaining close contact with customers, sales account managers, and field personnel. Responsible for managing and communicating the active punch list of issues during a project installation phase. Coordinates timely corrective action with internal and external resources while minimizing cost impact to the project.
Ensure that Project cost tracking and forecasted spending are updated in the business systems accurately and on a timely basis. Provide monthly forecast of expected project completion, costs, COV and final gross margin. Setup a postmortem review of all high-risk projects, evaluate all task margins/issues and create and implement long term corrective actions plans via MRR process.
• BS Degree in Engineering or Project Management required.
• Knowledge of high-volume portioning, coating, frying, cooking, freezing, and refrigeration equipment and processes a plus.
• Technical background in manufacturing, fabrication, construction, and service disciplines preferred.
• Good critical thinking skills to interpret and utilize information from a variety of sources and interpret highly technical concepts.
• Ability to develop, monitor, analyze, and control project budgets.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and thrive in a change-oriented, fast-paced, high stress environment where schedules, deadlines, and customer demands can shift priorities.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering and assembly drawings.
• Ability to utilize AutoCAD software.
• Leadership and team-building experience with the ability to integrate a diverse group of people to achieve objectives.
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively interface with co-workers, customers, and suppliers.
• Strong analytical problem solving/root cause analysis techniques along with preventive and corrective action skills.
• Strong reporting and presentation skills required.
• Strong organizational, negotiating, planning, verbal and written communications skills.
• Must have experience in supplier/procurement processes.
• Must have computer skills in Microsoft Office software applications and presentations.
• A working knowledge of ERP (Syteline 9) business system software a plus.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.