John Bean Technologies Corporation and its predecessor companies have a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards.
Today, JBT Corporation’s AeroTech Division is a world leader in the supply of airport equipment and services focused on the future. At our Orlando, Florida facility we manufacture airport ground support equipment, including aircraft deicers, aircraft tow tractors, cargo loaders and transporters.
The Human Resource Manager will drive the strategic direction of the GSE and NASSC Groups with respect to organizational development and efficiency by providing overall organizational support and direction for human resources and recruitment, including training, talent acquisition, and compensation and performance management.
Specific duties include:
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions exist for each job recruited.
- Review job descriptions for accuracy, appropriate MRA’s and candidate requirements.
- Ensure jobs are posted in accordance with job posting policy.
- Verify that successful candidates possess all minimum qualifications for the job.
- Confirm that candidates & new employees are treated in a manner which leaves favorable impression of JBT, and that they are presented with a realistic job preview.
- Create consistent new hires receive orientation practices according to HR procedures, and that data is entered into the HRIS data base within three business days.
- Implement strategies to achieve EEO representation and retention equal to or better than standard representation in EEO job group.
- Complete hiring records and affirmative action plan are maintained, retrievable and in compliance with federal/state EEO guidelines.
- Ensure written agreements exist for foreign national hires which protect the company’s legal employment rights and employee financial and repatriation needs.
- Support and help manage department reorganizations in accordance with JBT guidelines.
- Identify employee, departmental and organizational “soft skills”, management and leadership skills and develop an annual training plan to address those needs.
- Work to ensure employees/managers use HR as a resource for training program recommendations.
- Verify that performance appraisals are conducted for all salaried employees on an annual basis, they address current employee responsibilities and/or objectives and contain an employee development plan.
- Coordinate “Leadership Development Reviews” annually and ensure reviews conform with corporate Guidelines and are perceived as useful by Global HR Director.
- Act as a coach for management level individuals in order to obtain business results, empowerment of others, leading/managing change, relationship building, total quality management, high performance management and problem solving.
- Existing performance ratings and job grading guidelines are followed in administering employee compensation.
- Salaries for current employees and new hires are consistent with JBT salary guidelines and with current departmental pay practices.
- HR is viewed as a resource in assisting managers to understand guidelines as they relate to their specific issues.
- Salary planning is completed on time, within budget and Corporate requirements.
- Positions are reviewed for appropriate pay levels at least every 4 years.
- New positions and positions which have changed in scope are reviewed and graded with respect to internal & external equity.
- AAP is completed annually before March 5.
- Annual benefits meetings are held for employees to update on changes and answer benefits questions.
- Employee HRIS data is continually updated and managers do not experience data related HRIS problems.
- HR policies exist for frequently occurring HR issues.
- HR daily activities and problem resolution are conducted in a manner which complies with legal and corporate guidelines.
- EEO and employment activities (hiring, terminations, discipline, etc.) are managed in compliance with State & Federal laws and in a manner which minimizes litigation costs.
- Workman’s Compensation is managed in compliance with State and Federal laws and in a manner which minimizes costs.
- Maintain a fair and consistent application of appropriate policies and procedures to the employee population.
- Lead investigation of assigned ethics complaint to maintain JBT’s high ethical culture
- Resource for Managers & staff in achieving employee relations goals and maintaining effective communications; apprise managers of employee events/issues affecting employee relations or legal issues.
- Employee/organizational issues are addressed with respect to business necessity and employee viewpoint.
- Employees are treated with professionalism, courtesy and respect at all times.
- Support Global employee related activities for all GSE sites
- Hire, develop and retain individuals to meet the current and future business requirements.
- Work with employees to identify training opportunities and develop a training program together with them.
- Update the Position Descriptions under my control annually or as needed.
- Complete employee performance appraisals the month prior to the scheduled review date and HRIS approvals are completed on time.
- Performance discussions are held during the year, and as needed with employees. Good and outstanding employee performance is recognized and duly rewarded throughout the year.
- Employee performance issues are openly and honestly addressed and employee is supported in performance improvement plan.
- Employees understand and receive compensation according to pay for performance guidelines.
- 100% of employees, including this manager, have an annual development plan and take action to complete their plans.
- Progress on annual Objectives (APIs) for direct reports are reviewed with them on a regular basis.
- Develop a hardworking, highly motivated, high performing team.
- Participate in corporate/ global projects
- Review/edit and approve time cards for direct reports weekly/bi-weekly to ensure they are current and accurate.
- Meet all monthly safety requirements as established by the HSE Department
- Attend all required site Safety Training sessions or complete and submit make-up materials to HSE.
- Comply with all JBT safety policies and guidelines.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field
- MBA, or PHR, SPHR designation (Preferred)
- 10 years of experience as an HR Manager or higher level, with proven success in organizational design and development, training, strategic planning, staffing and compensation.
- Advanced knowledge of legal compliance in areas of FLSA, EEO, FMLA, AAP
- Proficient in MS Office applications, and HRIS or other related mainframe systems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well in a team environment with concurrent priorities
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment and international travel (Preferred)
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): Continuing training to improve management related skills
Type of Supervision Position works under: Reports to Global HR Director
Travel: 10-20% domestic and international travel required
Work Environment- Office environment, with exposure to Manufacturing floor
Scope of Responsibilites/Accountability:
- Indicate budget/revenue responsibility.
- Manage departmental budgets by reviewing actual to budget figures. Develop annual budgets for responsible areas.
Physical Demands- Frequent computer and phone use.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT JBT AEROTECH
We believe that work should be fun as well as challenging. That's why the company offers the best of both worlds - the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + a 401K plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.