John Bean Technologies Corporation and its predecessor companies have a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards.
Today, JBT Corporation’s AeroTech Division is a world leader in the supply of airport equipment and services focused on the future. At our Orlando, Florida facility we manufacture airport ground support equipment, including aircraft deicers, aircraft tow tractors, cargo loaders and transporters.
The Ground Support Equipment Technician will provide best-in-class Field Service support to all JBT AeroTech ground support equipment customers; focusing on value-added solutions that contribute to our customers’ success. Specific duties include:
- Position is based out of the Northeast region, located in the New York Metro area, strongly preferred.
- Travel to customer site to complete a variety of assignments, including but not limited to, commissioning of new equipment, providing warranty troubleshooting and repair support, training customers on operation and/or maintenance of JBT products, and execution of paid service work to repair or upgrade a customer’s unit in the field.
- Equipment troubleshooting and diagnostic support via the Field Service Call Center. Service Representatives are to provide customer with necessary technical assistance to support the customer’s inquiry. All Call Center discussions are to be logged and properly documented using the Syteline Incidents system. Incidents will be tracked until resolution is confirmed by the customer.
- Development of Product Services sales opportunities during touch points at customer site or during call center communications. Representative to explore customer requirements to promote parts kits, training, repairs, unit inspections, and equipment refurbishment. In addition, representatives should seek out, identify, and effectively communicate information regarding competitive products and services.
- Timely and thorough completion of job documentation. This includes, but is not limited to, service order trip reports, product registration forms, equipment checklists, unit defects identification, credit card expense reconciliation, e-mail communications to internal or external customers, and customer feedback surveys.
- Development and documentation of service-related processes, including but not limited to product repair procedures, work aid documents, departmental procedures, and customer communication forms.
- Provide liaison support of the regional service offices, including communication with engineering, vendors, and/or other field service representatives to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
- Participate and contribute to successful Ad Hoc project management, training program development, instructional development and generic problem analysis on an as-required basis.
- Representative will follow all JBT AeroTech policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the travel policy, car rental policy, substance abuse policy, ISO procedures, Wells Fargo credit card utilization, company cell phone and laptop computer utilization.
- Representatives are authorized and expected to develop win-win results for JBT AeroTech and the customer in each situation.
- Relies on experience, judgment, and advanced skills to plan and accomplish assigned goals and objectives.
- Representative will complete all necessary job preparations for upcoming work accordingly.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma; college degree preferred.
- Technical / vocational / or military training or related experience.
- Three or more years of hands-on mechanical experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- Use of JBT business systems, including Syteline, MSE, and SharePoint applications.
- Successful completion of vehicle certifications, including forklift, overhead crane, and JBT product lines.
- Successful completion and participation in Plant safety and any other safety topic courses.
- Proper use of ISO9001:2008 work instructions and associated forms.
- Understanding of Crosby Quality System, including usage of Opportunities for Improvement (OFI) and Corrective Action Responses (CAR) processes.
Specialized Knowledge, Equipment, and Applications:
- Must possess a valid driver license and be capable of obtaining a passport.
- Must be able to travel extensively for extended periods of time in a shop environment and/or in extreme ambient conditions.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be able to clearly communicate with customers.
- Proficiency with laptop computer, e-mail, and internet for reports, expense reporting, and general information searches.
- Ability to comprehend all engineering blueprints, schematics, and written engineering procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting and design discrepancy identification.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and problem solve issues that cross departmental boundaries.
- Must demonstrate ability to use all appropriate tools, measuring devices, test equipment, forklifts, cranes, and fixtures required.
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, work environment, supervisor responsibilities, safety and so on):
- Work Environment- Traveling to customer site, 50%-80% of the month. Typical work week 40-55 hours, up to 70 hours which can include nights, weekends, and/or holidays. At customer maintenance facility, often on secured airport ramp during periods of extreme weather conditions. Remaining time in office environment as representative in Field Service Call Center. Exposure to engine noise, heavy equipment, outside elements, oils, grease, glycols, and fuels.
- Physical Demands- Lifting objects up to 75 pounds, climbing ladders, extensive travel obligations, working in an airport maintenance environment for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, creeper work, using various hand and air tools, working in confined workspace, walking and lifting daily.
- Scope of Responsibilities - Make cost effective travel arrangements per JBT AeroTech travel policies to maximize effectiveness of cost budgets. Develop Product Services and Service Parts sales opportunities to meet customer’s operational and maintenance requirements.
- Representatives should be self-motivated, and work independently without direct supervision.
- Accountable for daily schedule and communication to service coordinator and/or manager.
- Resolves questions and problems and communicates potential delays to Field Service Coordinator, Field Service Manager, and/or appropriate customer account manager.
- Supervisor Responsibilities- No direct reports.
- Errors- Possible errors may be serious, involving losses such as damage to equipment, waste of material, late delivery, etc.
- Relationship Responsibilities- Representatives will interact with various customers on a daily basis, via our telephone Call Center, e-mail correspondence, or during on-site field support at the customer site. Interfaces with all functional areas of the JBT AeroTech organization to troubleshoot, communicate, and resolve issues. Expected to communicate and work with vendors and/or dealers to resolve component-specific issues. No direct reports, but assists in organizing, training, and verifying the work of other Field Service Representatives.
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards by properly using protective equipment, safe operation of all machinery, tools, and equipment as well as following safety rules at all times.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of JBT AeroTech are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
ABOUT JBT AEROTECH
We believe that work should be fun as well as challenging. That's why the company offers the best of both worlds - the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + a 401K plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.