John Bean Technologies Corporation and its predecessor companies have a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards.
Today, JBT Corporation’s AeroTech Division is a world leader in the supply of airport equipment and services focused on the future. At our Orlando, Florida facility we manufacture airport ground support equipment, including aircraft deicers, aircraft tow tractors, cargo loaders and transporters.
As a Customer Support Specialist at JBT, you will support the development and execution of end-to-end supply chain network management focused on EMD including: improvement activities, strategic process transformation, supply chain planning, demand management, supply chain performance, and logistics. You will also ensure linkage between process planning and execution to meet or exceed customer order to delivery market requirements while improving the business' financial results. Specific duties include:
- Responsible for performing work to achieve supply chain performance targets focused on EMD on-time delivery and improved order-to-delivery results.
- Communicate materials planning forecasts to EMD on a regular basis to tie with JBT’s production schedule
- Serve as primary point of contact with supplies as it relates to order management and fulfillment for EMD.
- Research detailed information of quality discrepancies found in Orlando in order to help EMD to develop the appropriate root cause analysis and corresponding corrective/preventive actions.
- Perform minor re-work or repair activities on non-conforming materials from EMD
- Communication with Orlando Engineering to anticipate issues related to new components.
- Work effectively with diverse, multi-functional teams in order to apply a supply chain planning process and lead team efforts to develop corrective actions using lean tools and concepts.
- The position performs tactical and strategic work to reduce / eliminate supply chain constraints at both the supplier, facility and value stream level, working with a cross-functional team of personnel.
- Coordinate with functional and operational area managers to ensure supply activities are integrated with other parts of the business.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Operations Research, Supply Chain and/or Industrial Engineering
- Experience on Materials management
- Experience in a highly customizable, fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Equipment, and Applications:
- Must communicate, both written and verbal, fluently in Spanish.
- Knowledge of manufacturing supply chains and their challenges
- Experience with MRP and or ERP systems as well as Microsoft Office tools.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Develop and deploy creative/original solutions to complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, work environment, supervisor responsibilities, safety and so on):
- Work Environment- The successful candidate will be comfortable and able to function equally well in an office environment and on the floor of our manufacturing and assembly plant. Adherence to all safety requirements and use of personal protective equipment within the plant is mandatory.
- Physical Demands- Long periods of sitting and repetitive motion, especially computer keyboarding. Frequent standing and walking around the facility, including on the factory floor.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervisor Responsibilities- This position has no direct reports.
- Degree of Supervision- Works under minimal supervision.
- Relationship Responsibilities- Will need to work collaboratively with Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Production, Inventory, Customer Support and Accounting staff. Must be able to build excellent rapport with assigned suppliers as necessary to maximize value of supply chain relationships.
- Travel- The successful candidate will need to be able to travel on supplier visits as required. Position is estimated to require 25% travel domestically, internationally focused on other JBT sites. Required to travel to Mexico on regular basis.
Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards by properly using protective equipment, safe operation of all machinery, tools, and equipment as well as following safety rules at all times. Will have a direct report line with Production Control in EMD.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of JBT AeroTech are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.