John Bean Technologies Corporation and its predecessor companies have a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards.
Today, JBT Corporation’s AeroTech Division is a world leader in the supply of airport equipment and services focused on the future. At our Orlando, Florida facility we manufacture airport ground support equipment, including aircraft deicers, aircraft tow tractors, cargo loaders and transporters.
The Global Continuous Improvement Manager reports directly to the VP and General Manager of GSE and will be a key member on the GSE staff manager team. This person will champion the continuous improvement efforts for the business unit by overseeing, directing, and leading all continuous improvement activities in both manufacturing as well as in the office. This position is primarily responsible for leading and coordinating the implementation of Lean concepts throughout JBT GSE worldwide. This position will also have Quality Assurance oversight / management responsibilities for all global GSE locations. The expectation is that there will be a more direct, hands-on focus in leading and implementing changes in the Orlando facility with oversight globally and a more facilitative approach. In addition to providing actual Lean training, the Global CI Manager will mentor and participate in Lean activities to assist with implementation of Lean concepts throughout JBT GSE enterprise wide.
The Global CI Manager must be a strong leader with ability to lead change and work effectively with a large number of different internal leaders in multiple GSE businesses and cultures; as well as, team members at all levels of the organization, without direct authority. The Global CI Manager must be detail oriented, able to coordinate multiple projects, meet deadlines and be able to work in international operations. This role requires strong cross functional engagement to identify opportunities, analyze and solve organizational challenges, improve manufacturing systems, and identify waste reduction opportunities and any other relevant continuous improvement initiatives. A strong focus will need to be placed on both manufacturing and office in regards to improvements for the business. As a member of the senior leadership team, the incumbent will be responsible for working directly with the group to ensure alignment and strategy deployment consistent with company goals. The individual will lead development of Lean leadership competencies. Specific duties include:
- Utilizes Lean, and other continuous improvement (CI) methodologies to drive a culture of learning, a dedication to ongoing improvement, and a focus on sustainable results.
- Develops, executes, and maintains CI plan in conjunction with other members of the leadership team to drive training and activities in support of ongoing process improvements through cross-functional involvement enterprise wide.
- Identifies and works with team to execute projects in the Value Stream.
- Work with Management Staff to develop plans to implement Lean concepts throughout JBT GSE, and lead implementation of same.
- Coordinates efforts with senior leaders and staff members in identifying improvement opportunities within the Company and develops justifications to substantiate potential cost savings.
- Develops, implements, and leads company-wide team efforts in establishing and/or improving key performance indicators such as manufacturing OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), product quality, waste reduction, process performance, supply chain efficiency, energy conservation, safety, and operating costs.
- Leads Kaizen Events, and trains and coaches the leadership team and cross functional lean coordinators network in the principles, methods, and applications of Lean techniques such that CI is integrated into management systems.
- Leads the Relentless Continuous Improvement Team (RCIT) to help drive lean initiatives within the organization and recognizing and celebrating successes in the management of our Kaizen funnel process, 5S implementation, daily management process, recognition, training, best practice sharing, strategy deployment, and RCI assessment.
- Trains in Lean (tools, principles, activities, etc.), mentors, and develops team leaders whose primary responsibilities are problem solving, developing standardized work, and CI.
- Coordinate development of annual improvement plan including specific metrics and goals.
- Coordinate and execute the implementation of Lean processes throughout JBT GSE.
- Personally develop training materials, conduct lean training, and kaizen events.
- Develop and communicate tools and metrics to track progress of GSE Lean implementation
- Achieve continuous improvement momentum in safety, quality, delivery, cost and team member engagement in CI at all levels.
- Reviews overall business objectives, processes and procedures for synergism with the Lean efforts, quality policy, and philosophy identified by the organization and integrates into the planning and actions of the global GSE business.
- Promotes standardization of quality systems and insures continuity of the quality policy across the organization.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
What are the minimum qualifications an employee must have in order to perform the duties of the position? (i.e. educational requirements, licenses, certification, work experience, training etc.)
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or technical discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years applicable experience in lean, engineering, manufacturing or quality functions.
- Lean certification, related experience and/or proven mastery of lean enterprise concepts.
- 5+ years relevant lean experience and proven success leading Lean implementations in manufacturing environments, including build-to-order, configure-to-order and engineer-to-order businesses.
- Outstanding influence and persuasion capability. Ability to be a change agent by teaching and coaching others at all levels, without direct authority.
- Strong training skills, both preparing and presenting training materials.
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 standard and other industry product quality specifications and other quality requirements.
- Should have demonstrated skills in problem solving, team building, total quality management as ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution and to execute plans within a team environment.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication/ Listening skills, excellent presenter.
- Strong analytical skills utilized as an approach towards decision making.
- Ability to travel including international assignments.Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, work environment, supervisor responsibilities, safety and so on)Physical Demands – Typical daily work environment will consist of long hours in an office environment and continuous computer use. Short term visits to manufacturing and test areas will result in exposure to high noise levels and an increased awareness of congested work spaces and the exposure to potentially hazardous work environments normally associated with heavy duty manufacturing activities. Some exposure to high and low temperatures and exposure to harsh outdoor weather conditions in all climates may be required if involved with improvements in Test or in the field. Travel- Must be willing to travel occasionally as needed, both domestic and international. Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a passport.Type of Supervision Position works under: minimalABOUT JBT AEROTECH It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesYou may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
- If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
- AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- We believe that work should be fun as well as challenging. That's why the company offers the best of both worlds - the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + a 401K plan.
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of JBT AeroTech are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
- Supervisor Responsibilities- No Directs reports with indirect oversight in managing the function.
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment- Primary work location will be in an office environment. Frequent and extended visits to the assembly line and test area will be required. Limited domestic and international travel will be required. Visits to heavily congested outdoor work environments such as airport ramps may be required.
- OTHER INFORMATION