Support the various product manufacturing teams in achieving their goals for safety, quality, delivery and cost (SQDC) through continuous improvement in our manufacturing processes and procedures to meet customers’ expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and develops standard hours for each stage of the assembly process.
- Determines value added activities to create solutions that improve processes and methods in manufacturing.
- Determines the operations required for fabrication and assembly of products by reviewing parts drawings, specifications, and other engineering data.
- Develops sequence of operations and estimate time requirements.
- Creates visual aids and instructions to provide a better understanding to manufacturing on building of units.
- Reduces takt and down times in addition to improving quality to create cost savings for the company.
- Organizes and develops comprehensive cost estimates for company products. Evaluates and analyzes the design of each part to determine the most economical methods and procedures for manufacture and defines appropriate tools, equipment, and facilities.
- Determines and documents appropriate routing sheets, equipment lists, headcount allocation charts, skill level requirement, and plant layouts.
- Prepares Capital Funding requests for equipment, tools, new facilities, refurbishment of existing facilities, utilities, and raw materials for new product systems.
- Performs functions such as instruction and demonstrating new equipment to employees; documenting and setting up welding schedules; supervising all phases of plant layout; performs related industrial engineering function, such as motion study and the study of methods, sequences, and related applications, and other key start-up activities. Debugs new systems until they are totally operational.
- Conceptualizes designs of test equipment and processes related to new products.
- Evaluates and analyzes costs and techniques of new concepts, disciplines, or applications for manufacturing processes, such as the use of mistake proof fixtures and other applications. Presents relevant data to upper management for further evaluation, in the form of an operations review.
- Design weld and assembly fixtures to produce error free weldments, and assemblies in a consistent and timely manner.
- Coordinates issues between Manufacturing and Design Engineer via engineering change requests (ECR), and late engineering specifications.
- Coordinates and maintains all manufacturing routings for new and old designs.
- Processes Engineering Change Notices (ECN) for manufacturing. Ensures that ECNs are correct prior to making them effective in Syteline. Responsible for the creation of rework work orders.
- Attend design reviews to ensure manufacturability of engineered components and designs.
- Convert engineering bills of material into manufacturing bills of material.
- Define measurable targets for continuous improvement of processes and define strategies to attain desired goals.
- Responsible for training, communication and implementation of processes in the organization. Plan, organize, prepare and conduct training as required for process improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Follow Safety, Health, Environment, and Hazardous Waste Rules and Responsibilities.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a heavy manufacturing environment, preferably capital mobile equipment, leading Lean projects/Kaizen events, and developing manufacturing fixtures.
- Certified Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Weld experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Equipment, and Applications:
- Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project completion based on importance and need
- Demonstrated leadership skills to gain the assistance of others as needed when assigning work
- Understanding of financial principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient with Pro E or other type of engineering design software such as Unigraphics CAD software and team center.
- Abilities in developing project cost estimates, driving project approvals, and controlling project scope and costs.
- Individual must be self-guided, process driven and extremely good at working in a team environment.
- Must be extremely creative while designing tooling/fixturing solutions to process problems.
- Must possess the ability to understand the effect of certain actions throughout the production process (vendors, manufacturing, office etc.) while implementing the solutions, and how those actions are related.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, work environment, supervisor responsibilities, safety and so on):
- Work Environment- Job will consist of 60% duties on the production floor working with assemblers, welders, and machinists implementing lean processes. 40% computer terminal work and classroom training activities.
- Physical Demands –Exposure to high noise levels and an increased awareness of congested work spaces and the exposure to potentially hazardous work environments normally associated with heavy duty manufacturing activities. May be required to occasionally climb ladders. May be required to work on machines at heights other than ground level. Ability to safely drive and operate JBT products required.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervisor Responsibilities- No Direct Reports. However, must possess ability to lead and facilitate teams and work with them to guide the decision making process.
- Type of Supervision Position works under: (close, moderate, minimal) – moderate
- Errors- Errors are detected through the quality defect system and cost of our products. Manufacturing Engineer influences errors through the implementation of failsafe processes and improved product throughput. Certain metrics will be established when starting a project that will capture whether or not the intended solutions were achieved.
- Relationship Responsibilities- Daily interaction with shop floor management and team members to drive projects focused on waste elimination and improved process capability. Vendor and supplier interaction focused on reducing costs, improving material availability and turns, and developing tooling and fixtures that improve quality and throughput. Interact daily with other business functions including purchasing, sourcing, design, cost accounting, IT, and quality.
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards by properly using protective equipment, safe operation of all machinery, tools, and equipment as well as following safety rules at all times.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of JBT AeroTech are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.