John Bean Technologies Corporation and its predecessor companies have a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards.
Today, JBT Corporation’s GSE AeroTech Division is a world leader in the supply of airport equipment and services focused on the future. At our Orlando, Florida facility, we manufacture airport ground support equipment, including aircraft deicers, aircraft tow tractors, cargo loaders and transporters.
As an Account Sales Manager with GSE AeroTech, you will be required to manage assigned accounts to ensure effective accounting management, customer satisfaction and development of new business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess thorough knowledge of GSE product lines and acceptable prices and terms for these products.
- Develops thorough understanding of the operational and maintenance requirements for assigned accounts, and works to ensure that requirements are satisfied.
- Develops sales forecast for individual customers and monitors monthly actual sales against forecast.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key individuals in customers’ organizations.
- Participates in review and general analysis of sales trends. Provides input to sales manager on specific customer sales activity and trends.
- Develops methods of achieving continued sales growth.
- Develops sales strategies for targeted accounts and ensures that business opportunities within the account are maximized.
- Assists Sales staff with building relationships with customers and cultivating accounts into long-term customer alliances
- Keeps abreast of new products, specifications, and industry trends, competitor strengths and weaknesses and communicates new information to JBT colleagues.
- Attends and assists in preparing for industry sponsored trade shows and seminars.
- Provides input and assistance to other internal functional areas including Quality, Customer Service, Engineering and Manufacturing in order to improve processes and customer satisfaction levels.
- Identifies process and system improvements for the department.
- Interfaces with other areas of the company to provide full support for the customer’s requirements.
- Maintains regular contact with customers on their requirements
- Develops and implements visit schedule for key customers, and travels to customer sites as required to further the marketing of GSE products and to resolve any outstanding customer issues.
- Ensures equipment ordered by the customer meets their final requirements.
- Assists other Sales Reps as needed for requests for information or help.
Prepares regular developing, budgetary and outstanding activity reports; and obtains necessary customer paperwork to finalize order entry into the system.
Champions lean initiatives through relentless continuous improvement efforts to drive results at all levels of the organization eliminating waste and streamlining processes and procedures.
Champions quality initiatives and supports the quality policy of the organization.
Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS degree with emphasis in marketing, or related field, MBA a plus, with a minimum of two years relevant work experience OR a minimum of five years experience in industrial sales.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience with the Airline Ground Support Equipment, or Industrial Equipment an advantage, but not necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Strong PC skills in a MS Office enviroment.
- Must have an ability to utilize consultative selling skills including assessment of personality, keen understanding of feelings, understanding types of decision making styles and formulate best strategic selling approach when dealing with external customers.
- Ability to plan visits to customers and certain reporting will be required.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time.
- Work Environment: Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards by properly using protective equipment, safe operation of all machinery, tools, and equipment as well as following safety rules at all times. Must be able to do extensive travel as necessary
- Physical Demands: Working long hours for certain periods of time will be essential.
Indicate internal / external contacts and purpose of contacts.
Will have certain Accounts, therefore, must build relationships with those Accounts in order to increase the level of sales with that customer. Will be working with Manufacturing, Engineering, Service, Parts and accounting to liaison between those functions and external customers.
ABOUT JBT AEROTECH
We believe that work should be fun as well as challenging. That's why the company offers the best of both worlds - the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + a 401K plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.