This position’s primary responsibilities are to design and document both new and existing production equipment, along with the necessary technical support and documentation to ensure the production of consumable products by Tipper Tie’s US facility and those facilities supported worldwide. This includes, but is not limited to the generation of 3D cad models, drawings, bills of materials, and assembly documentation using SolidWorks and/or other office software. This also includes maintaining electrical, electronic and pneumatic systems using PLC/HMI programming software and ECAD software for schematics.
This position also supports and assists plant-wide Relentless Continuous Improvement (RCI) and lean initiatives through the generation of conceptual illustrations or mechanical drawings, before and after documentation, and project tracking as required.
Provide support to RCI groups and lean initiatives for the improvement of working conditions, safety, and/or efficiencies as required.
Education / Studies
Which degree is required?
· BS in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics)
Which professional experience is desirable (in years and in which divisions / positions)?
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience with SolidWorks design software.
· 3-5 years’ experience programming PLC controls.
· 3-5 years’ experience programming Human to Machine Interfaces.
· Intermediate skill at producing electrical and pneumatic schematics using drafting software. Eplan Software preferred.
· Proficient with use of Windows based operating systems and Office applications.
· Proficient in reading mechanical drawings.
· Ability to understand and apply dimensioning schemes to drawings in both metric and English standards.
· Ability to use standard measuring tools in both English and Metric.
· Entry level skills in standard office software.
Additional Preferred Education/Skills
Is there special knowledge / skills which are necessary for this position? E.g. law classes
· BS in Mechatronic Engineering
· Familiar with NFPA, CE, and ISO standards
· Familiar with setup and use of network communication using Ethernet protocols (Ethernet IP preferred)
· Experience in the design and use of pneumatic circuits and control valves
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical design
· Supplemental training in die design, motion control and/or robotics.
· Intermediate skills in standard office software.