John Bean Technologies Corporation and its predecessor companies have a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards.
Today, JBT Corporation’s AeroTech Division is a world leader in the supply of airport equipment and services focused on the future. At our Orlando, Florida facility we manufacture airport ground support equipment, including aircraft deicers, aircraft tow tractors, cargo loaders and transporters.
These positions are currently contract with a high probability in extending to a long-term contract.
As a Mechanical Engineer I with JBT AeroTech, you will work closely with Engineers and Designers in preparing designs of a complex nature. Performs complex analysis of designs and prepares supporing docucmentation. Plan, develop and coordinate schedules of projects. Work with other departments and personnel at all levels to complete assigned tasks.
Specific duties include:
- Researches problems of limited scope and complexity to provide potential solutions.
- Researches, designs, evaluates, installs, operates, and maintains mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Prepares mechanical designs on computer workstations.
- Assists drafters and designers in developing the design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Works closely with other engineering disciplines and supports manufacturing to resolve production problems.
- Works with vendors on new component requirements or component failures.
- Investigates equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation.
- Oversees installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or related degree.
- 0 – 3 years of experience. One year manufacturing related experience or manufacturing related internship preferred.
- In house training on JBT product operation and training
- In house training on JBT work instructions and work aids
- Various software packages as required
- Unigraphics NX8.5 and Teamcenter 8.3
Specialized Knowledge, Equipment, and Applications:
- Working knowledge of Solid Modeling and Drafting principles.
- Functional knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems; UniGraphics NX 8.5, Pro-E, Solid Works, Master model design concept, must be able to create 3D CAD models and perform solid model manipulation.
- Functional Knowledge of design databases such as Teamcenter database 8.3
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Knowledge of Concurrent Design and Design Collaboration principals.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and bills of material.
- Strong knowledge of PC operations and Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of Engineering Department procedures and standards.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of complex machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics — Strong analytical ability required. Ability to apply advanced mathematical principals to analyze and solve issues.
- Language Skills — Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical journals, regulatory documents, customer specifications and other relevant documents. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Ability to meet performance goals and objectives.
- Time management skills (Emphasis on planning and organizing assigned projects).
- Ability to estimate and track cost implications of projects.
- Capable of complex analytical reasoning.
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, work environment, supervisor responsibilities, safety and so on):
- Work Environment- While this position is primarily in an office setting, extensive exposure and work in the manufacturing facility will be required. Visits to manufacturing and test areas will result in exposure to high noise levels, hot or cold ambient temperatures, congested work spaces and the exposure to potentially hazardous work environments normally associated with heavy duty manufacturing activities.
- Physical Demands- Exposure to climbing ladders, working on machines, and working at heights other than ground level. Ability to drive and operate JBT products required.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel Requirements – Minimal domestic and international travel may be required.
- Supervisor Responsibilities- No direct reports.
- Type of Supervision Position works under: (close, moderate, minimal)
- This position will work under supervision of lead engineers. Project completions schedules are to be established, communicated, and adhered to. This will require constant and accurate communication with management concerning the adjustment of work schedules, prioritization of jobs, and scheduling of overtime as required.
- Relationship Responsibilities- Regular communication with internal customers, design teams, and management. Regular communication with vendors and outside service providers. Regular communication with management concerning project status and schedules.
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards by properly using protective equipment, safe operation of all machinery, tools, and equipment as well as following safety rules at all times.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of JBT AeroTech are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
ABOUT JBT AEROTECH
We believe that work should be fun as well as challenging. That's why the company offers the best of both worlds - the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + a 401K plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.