· Minimum Associate’s Degree in engineering, electrical or mechanical systems, or other related discipline, or an equivalent/acceptable amount of industry experience.
· Must have above-average mechanical aptitude to include a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical components, automated equipment and PLC-controlled machinery, as well as troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical components.
· Must have ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics.
· Must possess the ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with customers – both at the plant management level and the line manager level.
· Must possess and continually demonstrate an understanding of applicable OSHA regulations, including machine guarding requirements and lock out/tag out requirements.
· Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must be able to travel to customer sites throughout the contingent United States, including air travel and vehicular travel. Flexibility to travel on short notice and occasional weekend work/travel will be required to meet business needs.
· Must be able to travel internationally, when needed, a valid passport is required.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, and be able to rent a car for use during travel.
Additional Required [Preferred] Education/Skills:
· Minimum of five years’ experience working in technical support for mechanical systems, preferably with additional experience in machine installation and assembly.
· Previous experience in the food manufacturing industry is highly preferred.
· Previous experience working on Tipper Tie equipment in a processing plant.
· Previous experience as a trainer for technical subjects.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, and perform a variety of installation and modification tasks.
· Position requires long periods of standing, stooping and bending.
· Utilization of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is mandatory, including: safety shoes and safety glasses when working in the manufacturing area.
· Noise level varies between a moderate (office area) and high level (manufacturing area.)
· Incumbent must be able to travel to and work at customer sites in the US and internationally.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.